SM City Davao: Christmas In Paradise 2012


It's November but you can already feel the spirit of Christmas as SM City Davao launches "Christmas in Paradise 2012." There were giant Christmas trees standing inside SM City Davao - Annex and the decorations around it were filled with colorful birds. And not just that, with the participation of Davao Crocodile Park, they brought REAL birds for the mallgoers to have an interaction between them. Sounds fun right?

These are the Christmas trees standing inside SM City Davao - Annex. 

Cosplayers were also invited to participate in this wonderful activity.

To make the atmosphere like Christmas, Manila String Machine played numerous classical pieces for the music lovers like me. They really are amazing! ;)

After their performance, there was a long applause as they gave the best performance for the listeners. Take note, Davaoenos are "hard to please" but with their performance, we were more than pleased! We were delighted to see them playing in front of us. Bravo! 

After the performance of Manila String Machine, I took pictures of the birds being displayed near the Christmas trees. There were caretakers who watched over them whole afternoon.



I just gotta love this bird! Born to pose in the camera! :D


It was a nice experience and I got lucky because I was just going to drop by at SM but when I saw giant Christmas trees standing, I remembered quickly that it was the unveiling of their Christmas trees. And the rest is history. :D


22 comments:

  1. Yes, Christmas is really in the air. I'm so excited to celebrate it this time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice event from SM, but hey is that the Philippine Eagle on the sixth photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those birds! it is a great thing that SM malls came up with this idea to make our Christmas brighter. I just wish they'd make one for SM Marilao, too, we were just there last week + I thought the little man will be excited to have his photos taken beside the Christmas display but alas, we found none! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is indeed in the air and it was nice of SM and crocodile farm to combine resources for the Christmas in Paradise concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel Christmas already, especially in shopping malls! :) My son is very excited for the holidays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! di ko pa na set-up Christmas tree namin kasi busy pa. Anyway gandang idea niyang christmas tree decoration nila, magaya nga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang saya naman diyan sa SM Davao. Unique ang theme nila for Christmas motif, Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nanardx: it's a different eagle.. The Philippine Eagle is larger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an early Christmas treat for shoppers. Kids most especially are sure to revel in the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lawin ba yun o Philippine Eagle? been to Davao at sarap bumalik dito- organized at malinis. Christmas na xmas na talaga sa mga mall:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang cool naman dyan! Well, here in manila, ramdam na ramdam narin ang pasko sa streets, sa malls, and other places. Glad that everyone is getting prepared for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful christmas trees!!! I miss Philippines especially this Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel ko na talaga ang Pasko dito sa DAVAO. Indeed a paradise, I saw this too last Friday. They also have BIG SANTA CLAUSE out side the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me wonder what Abreeza Mall did for Christmas. Maybe something more extravagant :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bongga ang Christmas sa SM Davao. For those who is short of funds for Christmas decor. Makatipid na , punta lang sa SM Davao at enjoy na lang ang panoorin ang Christmas in Paradise 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pasko na talaga sa Pinas. SM City is one of the shopping mall in the Philippines that really prepares for Christmas season.They have events to share with costumers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SM Mall of Asia has its own Christmas Parade too. And I always look forward to it. Its just really fun to see a lot of things with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is what I miss there in the Philippines. The festive celebration as early as now and the Christmas ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comments guys! I can really feel the spirit of Christmas even in our house! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christmas in the Philippines is really different (as if I had experienced Christmas in other countries, lol). But seriously, as soon as I hear Christmas songs on the radio, at the malls, jeepneys, I get a different feeling. I get emotional :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas! Only in the Philippines where Christmas is celebrated as soon as BER months started.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Christmas I cannot visit the mall because I am on bed rest until my pregnancy so thanks to all these post at least I am updated to whats happening around.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.