Walay Kaparehas Sa Davao, Walay Kaparehas Sa Coca-Cola


When I think of Davao, many things come in my mind: Adventure, leisure, relaxation and food! Albeit the hustle and bustle traffic in the city, we can still find some time for us to eat out and eventually, stuff ourselves up. It is why, nothing can come close to what I love and that is food.
I can call food tripping my sideline since I always want something to indulge… in an affordable price. But here’s one thing that I really want: To be surprised to what I eat. Yes! I love surprises and it excites me so much that it makes me want to discover the food and how they’re made.

It’s not just the food that I love but the celebrations held here in Davao. Every August, people across the globe would flock on the streets just to experience Kadayawan Festival and how it can make every residents and tourists smile with a heart-beating acoustics that the spectators step up with their feet and dance with the participants. It’s a joy to watch them and it means that they’ve embraced our culture no matter what place, religion, race you belong. We’re united by diversity and happiness the festival brings to all of us.

Also, nothing can compare the laid-back style of Davao residents despite the busy atmosphere. It seems like they’re always happy with their life and they’re contented on what they have. To them, simple joys in their life matters. Just bring them a bottle of Coca-Cola and you’ll receive a million thanks from them. That’s how happy they are in their life. They don’t need something expensive; they just need pure and genuine happiness.



Eco-adventure in Davao can also bring ultimate happiness for those who love adventure. Like me, I’ve tried the zipline, interacting with animals and visited the creek. All of them are incomparable to what I’ve seen here in downtown. Experiencing nature is like visiting God’s creation and I have learned how to appreciate them. It makes me love everything that I have found in nature. Embracing the nature’s beauty is embracing the beautiful art God created for us.

Happiness is already innate to Davaoenos as they are always positive with their life no matter what catastrophes and challenges they face. They still manage to wear a smile despite how hard the life is. They can still crack jokes on news, laugh on simple things in life and be appreciative with the simple gifts given from their friends and family. They’re also happy to help their fellow comrades if they have problem and together, they can come up with a solution that is approved by everyone. If you have problem, just be positive and wear a smile.



As what I’ve said, I love food trips and so are my fellow Davaoenos who are adventurous enough to try something new to their palate. Davaoenos at heart are curious on what’s new and they would love to try it no matter how expensive or affordable the food is. If they love the food, they would be happy to return and of course, a glass of Coca-Cola would complete the meal. The food trip can never be complete without trying the Davao specialties such as kinilaw, tuna panga, durian and mangosteen. Pair them with a bottle of Coca-Cola and the celebration begins!



If there’s fun outside downtown, of course, there’s fun IN the downtown as you explore the different landmarks and know its history. What’s more fun is the adventure on the busy streets such as San Pedro and Claveria where it’s busy during the day. Hunting for bargains can be more fun in Uyanguren where there are lots of goods can be found in a reasonable price that is favorable for your wallet. You can also shop at the malls where you can find comfort and convenience. Be in awe with its ambiance and stores that can be found inside huge shopping malls here in Davao. In short, happiness can also be found here in Downtown Davao.

If I were to summarize all of this, it’s like Coca-Cola; it's a complete package. It completes all occasions. Whether it is a party, birthday, anniversaries, weddings, it’s a celebration. Just like life, it’s a celebration where happiness reigns supreme. No matter how hard it is, a little smile with a Coca-Cola on the side is already a celebration of life. In my opinion, nothing compares to Coca-Cola as it gives happiness to every people whether it’s an ordinary day or special. Nothing compares to Coca-Cola as it gives a smile to everyone and you can share it with friends and family. Nothing compares to Coca-Cola because, it is simply the best. 

#WalayKaparehas ang Davao, #WalayKaparehas ang Coca-Cola. 

How about you, why Coca-Cola is incomparable?

45 comments:

  1. yes am absolutely agree with you,coca-cola is the best one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! it is the best! :D

      Thanks for the visit! :)

      Delete
  2. Coca-Cola has also been a constant companion for escapades and adventures with friends and family. That's what make the Coca-Cola brand lasting since they attach to the good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! No trip is complete without bottles of Coca-Cola!

      Delete
    2. I also agree with the better lifestyle in Davao especially it's so rich in attraction and also very clean.

      Delete
  3. Now, you made me want to visit Davao even more! Anyway, I used to like Coca-Cola, but I've stopped drinking softdrinks years ago. I love their campaigns though, they really channel happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Coca-Cola really brings happiness into our lives! :D

      Delete
  4. I love drinking Coca Cola before. But when I discovered I have ulcer I minimized drinking soft drinks. By the way I am looking for Coca Cola bottles in your photos. Bakit wala? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for the question.. :D

      As I was writing this entry, I realized that I have no picture with a bottle of Coca-Cola. What I did was I chose some pictures that describes Davao. Describing the taste of Coca-Cola and how it can bring happiness to the people is enough reason why Coca-Cola is incomparable.

      Delete
  5. i really adore the food here. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the Sizzling Fish Sisig that I ate at Chickies and Patties here in Davao. It's a YUM! :D

      Delete
  6. Coca-cola will always be a part of every Filipino lives even if you're not allowed with it. :-d Everyday seems to be complete with this drink. So let's toast to being a coca-cola fan...forever! cheer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Life with Coca-Cola completes the happiness! :D

      Delete
  7. i love coke too!! but since i need to watch what I drink I just have Coke Zero or Coke Light which is the next best thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It's better to be safe than to regret afterwards.

      Delete
  8. Truly indeed, that Davao is one of the growing cities right now and it seems that there's no stopping. I always associate Davao with low criminality and I am still wishing to set foot there one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating Davao!

      If ever you'll set foot here in our city, don't hesitate to call us and the rest of the bloggers here! :D

      Delete
  9. Davao is a great place to stay but I'm afraid for last few days about that bombing incident. On the other hand, Coca Cola is my favorite drink since childhood. Masarap ang kainan basta may coke sa hapag kainan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! a lunch or dinner would never be complete without Coca-Cola on the table. :)

      Delete
  10. wow i know some few friends from davao and i know how davao is os rich in everything! like coca cola indeed though i dont drink soda anymore hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I hope I can see them soon. :D

      Delete
  11. There are things and places that we will always attach to happiness such as Coke and our hometown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There's a certain attachment between our hometown and Coca-Cola and how it can bring up stories that we'll remember for our lives.

      Delete
  12. Yes! Coca Cola is still the best soda for me, and it's always part of our refreshment in any of our occasion and celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Coca-Cola will always be part of our life especially on big occasions.. :)

      Delete
  13. definitely!! it's a complete package.. an occasion isn't an occasion without a coca-cola! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! if there's a celebration, Coca-Cola must be present! :D

      Delete
  14. CocaCola plays a big part on each family and friend celebrations. Minsan nga pinag aagawan pa hihi :d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! Especially if we have one bottle of coke left in the table, it's a riot! haha!

      Delete
  15. I love to experience Davao laid-back style of living. It so good siguro, having siyesta time with friends eating puto with Coca cola. Fave ko yan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visit us in Davao especially this week as we celebrate Kadayawan Festival. :D

      Here in Davao, even though life is busy in downtown, we can still squeeze in some time to chill and relax in a coffee shop where we can chat for long hours. :D

      Delete
  16. Kadayawan festival has gained an international acclaim. That's a good news. My interest is focused on what you have said of "pure and genuine happiness". What a praise, a very absolute condition of life every person should have. Is there a such thing of "pure and genuine happiness". As far as I know, those who are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ, who are obedient to His commandment and have attained perfection in life could enjoy such condition, But I wonder why in Davao, there is an opportunity to get such life's condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :)
      To answer your question, because we are satisfied to what we have today despite of the condition that we have, we managed to have happiness in our life no matter what life brings to us.

      Living in Davao itself is already an achievement to every person or family who wants to start a life peacefully and safe. Even though we're located in Mindanao where we are always hammered by the media as a "danger zone", we always assure those who migrated here that they're safe here and they can live happily for the rest of their life.

      Thank you for reading this article. I appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  17. I love everything about Davao. Although sometimes typhoons and floods are invading the city, I still love Davao regardless because of the vast natural resources and the cleanliness. And of course, Coca Cola is the best companion to enjoy Davao. Sigh, I miss Davao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait for you to come home here in Davao, drink Coca-Cola and share stories. :D

      Delete
  18. Sarap lang kumain pag may malamig na inumin and I prefers soda like coca cola, with lots of ice. Pampagana lalo sa pagkain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It really quenches your thirst and a perfect pair with any food. :)

      Delete
  19. I think happiness is innate to all Filipinos. :)

    I love nature tripping too. :)

    Cocacola has been around for a long time and it is the softdrinks of choice, always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Happiness is indeed innate to all of us and that's unique to all Filipinos. No matter what catastrophes we'll go through, we can still smile and move on.

      Delete
  20. gaaaaah, reading this post makes me want to go back again in this beautiful place "Davao". I love the laid back and chill ambiance in Davao and oh Coke is the best! walang tatalo. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come and visit Davao this week as we celebrate the Kadayawan Festival! Maybe a bloggers meet up will do? :D

      Delete
  21. I'll always regret that i've never been to Davao and that i havent made plans of going to Davao this year. But this i say and will always tell... im a sucker for Coke, even if i've suffered from dilated Pelvis Kidney! hahaha And truth be told, Coca-cola has this thing that can keep the occassion special and families together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't visit Davao this year, there will always be next year! We always have ways. Just like coke, it can make an occasion special and memorable. :)

      Delete
  22. Wow wow wow parang ang sarap mag-tampisaw dun sa mabatong batis! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's so tempting to make splashes of water and make myself wet! :D

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.