Gastronomic Feast @ Vikings Luxury Buffet, SM Lanang Premier

October 16, 2013 - Weeks prior to my "Lamon Session" at Vikings, I was one of the invited bloggers to try their dishes! I know if we say "Eat like a Viking", we really have to eat like a Viking! Now, let's get to know more about this luxurious buffet restaurant.

Vikings first opened in SM Mall of Asia located in the San Miguel by the Bay. Afterwards, it had other branches at SM Marikina and SM North Edsa. Each of the branches have different themes. MOA Branch is more of Nordic theme with elements of the Vikings ship. SM Marikina branch is more homey and boasts the longest buffet table in all Vikings branches. SM North Edsa branch has a classy black & white theme and lastly, SM Lanang Premier branch, which happens to be the first branch outside Metro Manila, has a modern Filipino theme. Now let's get inside! :D


Inside Vikings SM Lanang Premier branch
I was with my family when we arrived at the venue and told the front desk that I'm with 3 guests and since I presented myself as a blogger, we're guaranteed for a free buffet dinner. Not only that, I had 5 more additional guests who will be the paying guests and since they were with me, we didn't need to wait for hours as we went inside Vikings in a breeze!

Once inside Vikings, you'll be greeted with a grand interior design, it feels like you're in the food heaven, lots of choices to offer. That time I felt like I was ready to conquer all stations with my battlecry "Kakayanin!" :D


Tables and chairs
Unlike other buffet restaurants, Vikings has more of a semi-circle arrangement of tables and chairs. This was unique and it's like going around the world. The space was really big and the crowd was not chaotic which is favorable in my part. I've seen my fellow bloggers Rovie, Glen, Tere and Charles in the restaurant which made me happy! :D

And now, are you ready for the voyage? Let's conquer every station and taste their food! Arrr! :D


Appetizers

Appetizers on my plate

Land hoe! We're in Appetizers Station and this must be your first stop. You can see green and leafy salads, bite-sized sandwiches, crackers, picked fruits and veggies for your tortillas, cold cut meats and more!

I suggest to try their bite-sized sandwiches, cold cuts and egg mimosa. They're a YUM!


Status: Conquered! Arrr!


Chinese Station

Chinese food on my plate
Let's sail and visit the Chinese Station scallywags!

In this station, you can taste variety of food from dimsum to their main cuisine. I suggest you to try their fried sharksfin dimsum, roasted duck, mixed vegetables and a lot more!


Status: Conquered! Arrr!








Filipino Station

Filipino food on my plate
Now let's move to the Filipino Station shall we? :D

In this station, one can easily find the popular lechon, escabeche, beef curry, etc. I suggest to try their lechon with gravy, and their escabeche which they use cream dory for their dish. Their beef curry is also delicious too but it's a bit spicy.


Status: Conquered! Arrr!







Malatang & Shawarma

Malatang & Shawarma on my plate
Just beside the Filipino Station is the Malatang & Shawarma area.

In the Malatang area, you can choose from different kinds of skewered fish balls, squid balls and a lot more! You also have the chance to create your own shawarma though I didn't finish it. :D


Status: Conquered! Arrr!







Japanese & Korean Station
Japanese & Korean food on my plate
I sailed my ship unto Japanese & Korean Station where their food awaits to be picked up and devoured! One can just easily fall in love with the makis, sushis all lined up beautifully with the inclusion of Hot Japanese food where the Katsu Curry eagerly waited.

This was the station where I've spent my time the most. You've got to try the makis as they're insanely delicious! Also try their Katsu Curry if you want something flavorful. If you're a fan of spicy dishes, then Korean food is for you with 2 kinds of kimchis (cucumber and radish)!


Status: Conquered! Arrr!


Western Food Station
Western Food on my plate
After conquering Japanese & Korean Station, I set sail to the west where I had a taste in Western Food Station. This is the station where meat rules! Lamb, beef, pork, chicken are all here gathered in one place.
You can also find the Churrasco station and choose what meat you want. I suggest that you try them as they're so tasty! You've got to try their fish too!


Status: Conquered! Arrr!


Italian Station
As I moved forward, I saw the Italian station where you can make your own pizza and calzone! As much as I want to try this one, my tummy has conquered lots of food already and was so stuffed! Anyway, if you're into usual spaghetti and pizza, there's a kiddie spaghetti and special pizza waiting to be picked up! :D


Status: Explored.. Argh!


Desserts Station
Moving on, as I went sailing, I found the core of all the stations and that is the Desserts Station! In this station, one can find these delectable treats in a shot glass, delicious kakanins, crepe station where you can make your own crepe, cakes and bread. There's also a chocolate fountain where you can dip it with marshmallows. 

You can also make your own halo-halo and the favorite of all.. Ice cream! Too bad, I wasn't able to conquer this delectable station and all I could do was to stare at them. My tummy was so stuffed already and as tempting as it looks, I couldn't even dare pick up one dessert. :(


Status: Just Explored.. Argh!! :( 


Drinks.. Unlimited!
What is luxury buffet without drinks? Well, Vikings were prepared for this. And to make things better, you can have these drinks unlimited! Yup! You can drink as much as you can but in return, a trip to the restroom would be a normal occurrence. Nonetheless, all I had to drink was their Jasmine Green Tea. It's fragrant and helped my tummy so much! :D

After exploring and conquering the stations, it was time for us to leave and I regretted for trying out too many makis and sushis in Japanese & Korean Station. I know now what to eat next time and I promise to eat what I haven't tried. Just be prepared to be conquered Italy and Desserts as I'll be back with my tummy and myself ready for more! 

I just wanna say thank you to Vikings Luxury Buffet for being so accommodating and for answering my questions, to Ms. Dulce Lada for inviting me and fellow bloggers! I'm now a happy foodie! :D


Now, lets say this together: ARRR! 



To know more about Vikings and its rates, click the links below:
- Facebook Page: Vikings SM Lanang Premier

For the rates, click my entry below:

41 comments:

  1. Dined there last week and it was a feast! Loved their Hakaw on the Chinese section! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maayo pa ka, nakatilaw na sa hakaw. It's my sister's favorite too! :D

      Delete
  2. I love vikings! me and my family loves to dine at Vikings during special occasions. It brings us family together and closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made us closer! I brought the whole gang during the dinner and it was fun! :D

      Delete
  3. I really love Vikings! They're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! And I still have to try their desserts..

      Delete
  4. Oh, they already have one in Davao! I already feel bloated looking at the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you feel bloated with the pictures, what about in my case that I actually had 9 plates with each meal? hahaha!

      I just don't feel bloated, I felt like a pig that time! hahaha!

      Delete
  5. I'm excited that there's also a Vikings in the Hypermart which just opened lately in the Jazz residence near our place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice! Now, go eat like a Viking! Arrr! :D

      Delete
  6. Desserts station??? explored lang? that's very sad! haha

    when I eat in buffets, I usually go straight to the desserts section haha pero I haven't tried vikings.. medyo malayo kase ang location sa amin..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Nakakainis isipin! haha!

      Good for you that you go for desserts first. In usual buffets, I have a little of everything then desserts at the same time.. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my, this is so much food to choose from and everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I failed to try them all. I should have minimized the makis and sushis and meat that time.. Oh well, lesson learned.. :D

      Delete
  8. the food looks amazing! I dont usually go to eat in a buffet places or in the hotels we're my friends love s to go for buffet back in SG. I dont eat much at all and I get full very easiyl haha Somehow I thought I wont be getting the right amount of food for the price I am paying. Though this is a very good idea for filipinos as filipinos loves to eat and feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Filipinos love to eat! And they also love to explore new restos.. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a gastronomic feast! I have not conquered Vikings yet even if it's near to our place in MOA. :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you waiting for? Set a reservation and conquer! Arrr! :D

      Delete
  10. Good that Vikings invaded Davao. Doon sa MOA branch nila, nakakain na kami and all I can say is, SULIT. The foods are yummy and the service is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! My mom and bro also tried the MOA Branch. Ako, not yet. :D

      Delete
  11. These food are only snacks for me.lol but this would be the first few places I'll try by the time, i get to visit again davao. nyweiz, we're just neighbors. cdoblogger here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! C'mon and let's eat the "snacks" here! :D

      Delete
  12. vikings in davao hurray! am sure a lot of tourists and filipinos wouldnt hesitate to visit the place! davao culture plus vikings treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm glad that they're here in Davao! I'm sure, lots of Davaoeños will enjoy their food. :)

      Delete
  13. I cannot care much of the ambiance. The first picture already catches my attention and that it just great capture. I'm pretty sure the foods are sumptuous too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Vikings! I've been to MOA branch and it feels like I wanna stay there the whole day. The food is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! As much as I want to try all their food, my tummy simply cannot handle too much food. :D

      Delete
  15. wow.. never been to Vikings.. their interior is just so classy and stylish!! Maybe I'll drop by over at Marikina.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried Vikings yet but have heard many good things about it. I'd want to try their buffet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never tried Vikings yet but I would definitely love to dine there. I've read and heard a lot of good review about Vikings. Anyway, one reason kung bakit hindi ko pa na-try is because of the super kaduper habang lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reserve in advance then once in the venue, all you have to do is wait for your number to be called. You'll be luckier if there are only few people lining up.. :D

      Delete
  18. What?? you just explored Italian and desserts..
    by personal choice though, I would go to Italians for pasta on first round. hahaha!
    pero diko kakayanin daanan lahat ng stations.
    Im curious about japanese and korean, trying raw meat like salmon or tuna would be good.
    Wanna check too if they have wasabi.
    But otherwise, it seems like every station is a taker! kakaluwa sa mata ang dami food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It hurts so bad that I haven't tried their Italian and Desserts Station.. huhuhu..

      But once in Vikings, you just don't know where to start.. :)

      Delete
  19. Bacon strips and hams in Vikings have always been my thing. But what keeps me and my family coming back are their desserts. It's like dying and gone to dessert heaven. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to try their desserts! Waaah!

      Next time, I'll eat only few meals and the rest... DESSERTS! hahaha!

      Delete
  20. I have not been to Vikings ever, but would love to try it out in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to try! You're 888 for dinner will be so solved! :D

      Delete
  21. I'm so full already just looking at the pics. like Pehpot, I would also go to the desserts station first, haha. Then the Western Food station. Great to know Vikings in MOA. Must check that out.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.