Tokyo Joe Says: Konnichiwa Davao!

Tokyo Joe
September 11, 2013 - Konnichiwa! Tokyo Joe recently opened their latest store here in Davao and it's located at Gaisano Mall of Davao on the below ground floor beside Sym's Gourmet. The owner of this restaurant is also the one who owns Rai Rai Ken and it has branches in Manila and Cebu. The target market are those who want to experience Japanese meals in an affordable price thus Tokyo Joe was born.


Inside Tokyo Joe
Entering this restaurant was like you've been transported to Japan although the place was dominated by bright colors such as orange and red. The music added some nostalgia as I was listening to the songs being played during my childhood which is from the 90's.

While I sat on my table, I was thinking "Am I in Japan already?" as I can just imagine myself eating in one of the restos in Japan where it has colorful wallpaper, bright colors everywhere, everything's just perfect!


Beef Maki
Since I only want to eat snacks, I chose to eat their maki. Even though I want to eat the California Maki, I want to explore new flavors that I might order when I come back. I chose Beef Maki since I haven't tried it yet and it's kinda new to my eyes. The meal also comes with Red Iced Tea. Actually you can choose between the Lemon and Red Iced Tea but I chose the latter. Price: 75 Pesos

The Serving: When the Beef Maki was presented on my table, it's placed in a rounded square plastic plate, carefully arranged. The Beef Maki also has the ebi which is also used in California Maki but it's colored green. The wasabe was also placed on the side to give some spice on the dish. Eating a maki will never be complete without a soy sauce and a chopstick to use. :D

The Taste: When I tasted the Beef Maki, it's like any other maki that I've eaten. I tried adding wasabe on the maki and to my surprise, I loved it even more! But when eating this maki, you should be careful with the ebi on top as it can fall off while dipping in the soy sauce.I tasted the beef itself and it was good! But to be honest, I find nothing special on this Beef Maki except that you have to add wasabe just to add spice on the dish. Everything else was just okay. Nonetheless, I would love to try their ramen next time. :D


Sayonara! Thanks for reading!

21 comments:

  1. Hello, paki-clarify lang po ng location ng Tokyo Joe sa G-Mall...what do you mean by below ground floor? Di ko rin po alam kung saan banda ang Sym's Gourmet. I would appreciate clear directions :)

    I LOVE Japanese food btw. Tsuru is my favorite Japanese restaurant pero medyo may kamahalan nga lang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :D

      If you're from the main entrance, just go down and turn left. You can see Euro Baker and Sym's Gourmet. After Sym's Gourmet, it's Tokyo Joe. Hope this can help.. :D

      Delete
    2. Ah ok, dun pala banda. Thanks po sa quick reply!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! Happy to help! :D

      Delete
  2. Love the place especially the interior of their restaurant it adds beauty to the place, especially after the last few interior changes of tastefully done. I'm not that fond of eating Japanese food but I appreciate sushi and the salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks great! The food looks so appetizing and yummy! Hope they can set up a branch here at my place too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Japanese food!!! Except those sushi with uncooked stuff. This place looks interesting, I would love to try it when I visit Davao! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice food presentation,place is clean with a happy atmosphere, sayang Davao is too far from me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that there's Tokyo Joe in Gaisano Mall uhhhmm I will try to venture the restaurant when I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The place looks great and I find their pricing quite reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice place to visit if you wish to eat sushi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I was actually hoping for a great review of the maki. I'm not a big fan of wasabe so I guess I won't like their maki much.

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a Jap food addict sans all meat dishes. Kahit ano, kakainin ko hihi. You just made mecrave all the more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love japanese food, however, i have not tried any of their dishes that has beef, i always go for sea foods. the place looks very neat, I would probably enjoy eating there too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my family loves Japanese food but i am the only fan of wasabe. now craving for sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love sushi's and makis! especially my husband. most of the time we buy just some take away for our dinner or lunch as my daughter loves it too! the photos looks yummy! now im craving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More reasons to go back to davao.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Japanese cuisines! I would frequent this place if I visit Davao again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not much into Japanese food but it's good to know that a lot of restaurants are opening here in our city!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Konichiwa Davao indeed! They have yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, I can't believe I haven't visited this place yet. Super busy na jud diay ko for the past few months! Hope to try their dishes soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.