A Celebration Of Exceptional Feast @ Davao Gourmet Collective

August 16, 2013 - To be part of a gastronomic feast is always a treat as I was invited in the opening of Davao Gourmet Collective where we had a taste of the best artisan food in Davao. In this event, top chefs all over Davao gathered in one place at SM Lanang Premier atrium and showcased their best products to their guests who were in attendance on this event.

Formal opening of Davao Gourmet Collective with the Top Chefs
The formal opening took place just in front of the venue where the Top Chefs in Davao had a toast with Sir Art Boncato, head of Department of Tourism in Region 11.

Here are the participants of this year's Davao Gourmet Collective:

Bangkok Wok & Blugre Coffee
Bangkok Wok - Unlike other Thai restaurants here in Davao City, Bangkok Wok serves Thai cuisine in its most unpretentious form. They had their 1st branch in Robinsons Cybergate before it closed down. It was founded in 2009 by Raffy and Carmina Mapa-del Rosario.

Blugre Coffee - This is the first and the leading coffee shop here in Davao. Founded in 1998, it changed the lifestyle of Davaoenos who are into coffee. Aside from the usual espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and more usual coffee shop menu, they serve ice-blended drinks and concoctions which the customers love.


Villa Margarita
When it comes to gourmet dishes, Villa Margarita leads the way. It is owned by chef and entrepreneur Baby Montemayor who had interest to learn professional cooking in 2007. In their booth, I had a chance to try their Quattri Formaggi Lasagna which is translated to "Four Cheese Lasagna". It was a yum! You should also try their Tablea Flan. It's one of the most delicious flan I've ever eaten.


Osvaldo's Cakes
If talking about one of the best dessert places here in Davao City, we're talking about Osvaldo's Cakes. They opened last October 2011 at the Paseo de Legaspi. They're known for creating edgy, artistic cakes and pies. It is owned by Joel and Jose Marie Rodriguez with wife Dindin. I tried their Durian Cake and that was so delectable! I would love to eat it soon. :D


Cellar de Boca
Cellar de Boca exclusively serves Argentinian Lagarde wines and comfort foods. In this event, they served Empanadas and steak rice. I bought their Steak Rice for 50 Pesos and it was really good! I want to try their empanadas soon. :D


Malagos Cheese
Malagos Farmhouse is known for cheeses and chocolates. They're once featured on Kris TV when they had an episode about the products in Malagos and one of them are the different kinds of cheese. They're being sold in Metro Manila but made here in Davao City. I tried one of their cheese and it was a delight!


Hog's Breath Cafe
Last December 2012, Hog's Breath Cafe opened its first branch in the Philippines here in Davao. They serve Australia's best steaks cooked to perfection. For this event, they served mocktails, smoothies and other specialties such as steaks and calamari. I tried their smoothies and it was so good! The steak was tender and tasty and the calamari was soft and easy to chew.


Morisco Ristorante Italiano
Morisco Ristorante Italiano offers all-authentic Italian dishes created by Chef Giuseppe Morisco who happened to be one of the finalist of Masterchef US Season 2. They're now open in the Fountain Court Area of SM Lanang Premier. For this event, they served pizza and other pastry goods.


Beko's Biik
Beko's Biik is one of the pioneers when it comes to boneless belly lechon. They gained a following for serving tender, succulent and juicy Lechon de Leche which is available in regular and spicy flavors. We were able to try this one and it's indeed delicious. I like the "crunchiness" of the lechon skin and it's all belly! :D


Jr. by Jonathan's Cupcakery
Jr. Pastry serves delectable desserts which everybody will just fall in love. Created by the owner of Jonathan's Cupcakery, they're available through order. I tried their Cream Puff and it was oh so goody! It was soft unlike other cream puffs I've tried. A box of cream puff costs 100 Pesos.


Barrio Burrito
Image from: www.davaofoodtrip.com
If clamoring for something Mexican, then Barrio Burrito is for you! It serves mainly mexican food. The one who creates them is Monica Floirendo and is one of the Davao City's young and most promising chefs. At the event, she served tacos/burritos filled with sisig and pulled pork.


Crazy Cook
Crazy Cook is one of Davao's food catering service providers. It's owned by mom-entrepreneur Carmina Mapa-del Rosario. These Baos are filled with chicken sate, bulgogi, adobo, flakes, liempo and roast beef. But for this event, I had the chance to try their Angus Bao and it was superb! It was so delicious that I want to have one more! :D

This was a fun event for everyone who attended the opening of Davao Gourmet Collective. We had the chance to taste the best artisan food here in Davao. This event ran from August 16-18, 2013. Hope to see them again soon!


Arrivederci! Thanks for reading!





42 comments:

  1. I already tried Beko's Biik, I really like their roasted pig because they used the young hogs with leaner meat. And, waaa.... Malagos Farmhouse.. If I were in Davao during these event, I will join this event just to try out their cheeses and chocolate... My favorites. I really love Davao foods.. Thanks for sharing this Jonas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it was fun event but the most interesting was you had to try and taste those delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasting them was fun especially the Angus Bao and the Cream Puff.. :D

      Delete
  3. I am most interested to see more of Osvaldo's cakes and other pastries. Are they offering local or native flavors or foreign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dunno. But at some point, they do have native flavors as well the foreign ones.

      Delete
  4. I always crave for pastries and your post really made me crave for it even badly. On the other hand, the white cheese of Malagos Farmhouse looks interesting and the Beko's Biik too. Thanks for this great post. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You've got to try the Malagos Cheese! They're to die for! :D

      Delete
  5. Looks like there are a lot of food choices here and really feels like a feast with the food around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I agree! And most of these establishments are from Davao. :)

      Delete
  6. Wish I were in Davao to experience such indulging food event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be here in Davao to enjoy Davao's best restaurants and specialties! :D

      Delete
  7. It is indeed a feast!!! All the food looks delisssh but what delighted me the most are the ones from Morisco Ristorante Italiano. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like what I did in Morisco collage. It looked like from a food magazine! :D

      Delete
  8. Ang sasarap naman! I love pastries. They;e very delicious. Now you made me crave :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cream puff from Jr. Pastry is a must try! :D

      Delete
  9. You must have had a good time in this event with all these delicious treats offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, I had a good time tasting the food! Hehe! :D

      Delete
  10. Your post has made me really hungry! I can't wait to go to Davao and try these myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go here in Davao next year and be part of this event! You must never miss this one.. :D

      Delete
  11. gastronomic feast must be a grant event for foodie lovers. And your photos showed why.. ang sasarap ng foods. Becko's biik is something I like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be in this event next year for sure.. :)

      Delete
  12. Such mouthwatering dishes!! Nagutom tuloy ako bigla hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious foods are my weakness :( I hope to visit soon at Davao, near my hometown - Tandag ;) This is a feast by the way :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the same weakness! Ugh! They're just soooo tempting to look at! :D

      Delete
  14. Awesome photos and now I'm hungry! Hope to visit Davao soon! It's just near my hometown in Tandag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. all those dishes makes me hungry. i wish i can go to Davao in the end of my first semester., uhmm, yummy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit our city and lemme know when you'll come here. :D

      Delete
  16. looks like a fun event. photos pa lng, nakakabusog na :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Just looking at the photos can make your tummy happy already! hehe! :D

      Delete
  17. those cheese and bangkok foods! love them! its nice to know that i can find thai food anywhere in philippines now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there are a number of Thai restaurants here in Davao and they never failed me as they really are delicious even though some of them are spicy! :D

      Delete
  18. I've got to visit Davao real soon! Although I hate the way Durian smells, maybe the coffee version of it from Blugre and the cake from Osvaldo's might just change my whole view of the fruit. Anyhow, I've also heard about Malagos being just an ecopark of sorts (my cousin goes there every year just to attend a seminar), so the feature of their cheese is a new one for me. Oh, hope you can take me on a food tour when I visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Why not! let's bring Pal Raine and other FBW members here in Davao. The more, the merrier! :D

      Delete
  19. Wow food overload! Now I feel hungry at 3am. I now have ideas on what to include on my food list to try when I get to visit Davao. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As early as now, you have at least wrote down the restaurants you'll visit here in Davao and try their specialties. There are lots of them so make sure to say goodbye to your diet for a while and welcome Davao food with open arms and empty tummy.. hehe! :D

      Delete
  20. The BEKO'S BIIK is new to me. It looks CRUNCHYlicious and I want to try such mouth-watering PUTOK_BATOK dish. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lechon Belly is now a trend here in Davao since most of the customers want belly for their lechon. You should try it. It's so flavorful and delicious! :D

      Delete
  21. All the photos are really mouth watering and looks like you've enjoyed your part. I'll contact you soon when I visit Davao on my vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Let's try Davao's best restaurants and their specialties. :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.