Piggin' Out @ Merco

August 15, 2013 - Me and my friend Ganessa decided to eat at Merco after claiming our Photographer's Pass for this year's Kadayawan Festival. I'm excited since I can now take pictures of the dancers up close. I have eaten at Merco few years ago with my family after the Visita Iglesia.

We scanned through the menus and it's common for me to find same dishes with other restaurants. But there was one category that we eyed on and that was the pizza section. Ganessa decided to have Four Seasons and since it's Kadayawan, the waiter recommended us to order a Buy 1 Take 1 promo. We decided on the Watermelon Ice Cream.


Four Seasons Pizza
The Four Seasons Pizza consists of four (4) flavors in one pizza. These are ham, mushroom, bacon and hot sardines. Their pizza is really good and it doesn't have too much ingredients which can make a pizza look like
a big hot mess. My favorite was the bacon flavor since it's not that salty unlike other bacon that I've tried. But the problem is in the crust. When I took a bite on it, it's like a "biscocho" (a local delicacy). Overall, I still like the pizza.

Price: 268 Pesos


Watermelon Ice Cream
Now I present to you, the Watermelon Ice Cream! (say it with a big voice). It's included in Buy 1 Take 1 Promo. This ginormous ice cream consists of balled watermelons, three ice cream scoops sprinkled with chopped peanuts, sliced bananas with a cream on top placed carefully on a carved watermelon bowl. When this was served on our table, my eyes popped on how big the serving was! It's so impossible for me to finish all of this since it's way too big for our appetite. Price: 136 Pesos

We tasted the ice cream with a watermelon and it was just so delicious! The sweetness of ice cream complemented well with the flavor of watermelon. It's best to eat this dessert if combined with other ingredients to fully appreciate this dessert. 


With my blogger friend Ganessa
I had tons of fun while eating at Merco. Can't imagine how big the Watermelon Ice Cream was. I thought it was just like a small bowl but it was way too big than I've expected. Thanks for the time Ganessa and hope to "pig out" again. :D


Adieu! Thanks for reading!

30 comments:

  1. Bro, mura na yan for a good pizza stuff. The watermelon ice cream seemsa perfect one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the way they present the ice cream. It really looks delicious! :D

      Delete
  2. Merco is really famous for its dessert preparations and has long been a pillar in Davao's resto industry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! They've been here for a long time and still one of the popular restos here in Davao! :D

      Delete
  3. Merco, mmm.. Is there one in Manila? I would love to try it! The watermelon ice cream you posted looks really tempting and yes, the serving looks like it's to share. Plus, they are fairly priced! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they only have branches here in Davao and you should visit in one of their branches.. :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my! Those foods look tasty and tempting! I’ve just eaten pizza a while ago. He-He. You made me want some ice cream now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! the serving of those fruits is just right. the pizza looks good and I am pretty sure they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a feast! The watermelon ice cream is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the bomb! But I wasn't able to finish it. It was just too big!

      Delete
  7. Dang it, another mouth watering entry of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry! Hehe! Just enjoy my food entries! :D

      Delete
  8. Yummy and very delicious treat for you and friend. You have really an appetite...same for me, yakkks. Nice place and very cozy. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have big space to accommodate customers.. :)

      Delete
  9. I should try the watermelon ice cream. It looks goods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pizza and those looks yummy! same with the watermelon ice cream... Hhmm I could only imagine how tasty are those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could also just imagine if I was able to finish them all, I would feel like a pig that time! hahaha!

      Delete
  11. This is not the first time you posted about pizza. Is it your favorite food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I seldom eat pizza but if someone treats me a pizza, why not! :D

      Delete
  12. I miss Merco!!!! I grew up eating Merco's cake and we always order there for our birthday cakes. Anyway, that ice cream looks so yummy and since I love watermelon, I could probably finish that bowl of yummy treat! My boys would devour on that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll actually love the pizza but the crust part, uhm not exactly what I've expected to taste. :D

      Delete
  13. despite the many new food establishments in town...merco remains one of my faves. love their halo2x!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot if I have tried their Halo-halo but I would love to try it soon. :D

      Delete
  14. The pizza looks delish but would love the fruit the most :-) Now you make me drool and am hungry too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love their ice cream! It's actually good for sharing. :)

      Delete
  15. Waaaaa! That 4 Seasons Pizza got me hungry! It's almost 4 AM and where can I find pizza at this time? LOL! Seems like Merco is a must-try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're lucky enough to find a pizza store that is open 24 hours, then you're lucky! :D

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.