South Lounge: A Place To Chill In The South!

May 20, 2015 - I'm a fan of coffee shops who don't have the usual crowded atmosphere. It makes me feel like I'm in for some peaceful moments and just sip a cup of coffee with a matching sandwich on the side. :D

It's why, I invited my friend Karen to an afternoon of just pure chill and fruitful conversation paired with some of the South Lounge's best sandwiches and milkshakes in town! The owners of this lounge are also the owners of Backyard Burgers and The Grillery. Familiar? Yup! Awesome right!

The location is actually at Kanto Motors Bldg., facing CHR Office, beside PIA Office, Quimpo Boulevard, Davao City. If you don't know where it is, just ask a friendly Davaoeño and they'll show you where it is. :)

Inside South Lounge




Inside South Lounge unveils a spacious interior that it feels so big! When we entered, I was surprised how big actually is the space inside South Lounge. This was like a pure delight for both of us since I'm used to small spaces of coffee shops and this was unusually spacious but I'm digging this one! :D

There are also options for you where you want to sit. Of course, South Lounge won't be called as such without these cozy lounge seats for you to enjoy and relax like it's your home. Since I love to sit in comfortable lounges, I didn't think twice on choosing them. :D


Tuna Melt and Choco Vanilla Milkshake
As we hover through the menu, the waiter suggested that we'll try something that is not in the menu which are the Chicken and Tuna Melt. For us, when it's not in the menu and suggested them to us, it's like we're in for something really good and it was the best decision we've made! :D


Choco Vanilla Milkshake
Before we landed on Choco Vanilla Milkshake, both of us actually had a hard time choosing between Chocolate Milkshake and Vanilla Milkshake since both of these milkshakes are actually really good! It's why the waiter suggested something not in the menu (again) that we should try the Choco Vanilla Milkshake since it's featured in their FB Page and we were excited since the owner told us that it's one that we should try. Price: 120 Pesos

When I sipped the milkshake, GOD! I felt like in euphoria! No kidding, this was like the best milkshake I've ever tasted! Words could never describe how this Choco Vanilla Milkshake like. I was speechless! Although I wanted more of this milkshake. You have to try it yourself, You have to! I'm telling you. :D


Tuna Melt
I'm a fan of tuna sandwich and I'm not gonna deny it especially if it's plentiful and packed with so much tuna goodness! But this Tuna Melt is a lot different than the traditional tuna sandwich that I've tried. It's like a leveled-up tuna sandwich that it's a must try! Price: 120 Pesos

When the Tuna Melt was served to us, right ahead, we knew it's different; the bread, the tuna itself and it has melted cheese! Surely, Tuna Melt is something worth trying for!

When I tasted this sandwich, the bread had a different crunch and it's not like an ordinary crunch but it had beautiful crunch sound like they've used a different kind of bread not like of a loaf bread. The tuna spread was plentiful and it's packed with flavors that you can't find in other tuna sandwich. It's also more delicious than the other tuna sandwiches that I've tried and I wonder how they made it! It's just so good!

But the melted cheese brought this Tuna Melt into the whole new level of what is sandwich is supposed to taste like. It went so well with the rest of the tuna sandwich which made me conclude that everything with cheese is just so good! Every bite of this Tuna Melt counts! What made this sandwich awesome is the inclusion of french fries on the side. It's a bit salty but we've managed to still finish them.

Overall, the South Lounge experience was awesome! I had great conversation with my friend Karen and interacted with the owner who was doubtful with my praises over the Tuna Melt! Haha! It's perfection! Well, I'm doubtful myself but nah! It doesn't matter. You have to visit South Lounge and you'll never regret you've read this review.. :D




CIAO!
Thanks for reading!




If you want to know more about South Lounge, just click the link below:

6 comments:

  1. Really? Why didn't I notice this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tuna melt made me hungry. I also like coffee shops that are not too crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee breaks too... I chit-chatting with my friends at cafes with cozy atmosphere and a lot of couches where I can put my feet up. LOL! I love tuna sandwiches and that tuna melt you posted is just making me hungry!!! It's nice to see business in Davao because I haven't been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice place and the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sandwich looks so delish. What a great addition to a booming city where people can hang out and enjoy their food/drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Choco Vanilla Milkshake looks so indulgent samahan pa nung Tuna Melt! Argh, ewan ko nalang kung hindi sumaya ang tummy.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.