Yogurt Wonderland @ Red Mango, The Peak

September 30, 2013 - When I was at Gaisano Mall of Davao, I couldn't think of something to do for the afternoon. So, I went to The Peak which is located at the 5th level and when I was there, I was just browsing the area on where to eat but my mind just snapped and remembered that I haven't tried Red Mango! Without second thoughts, I went straight to their store since I missed eating yogurt so much!


Inside Red Mango - The Peak
It's not my first time to eat at Red Mango since I've tried it at SM Mall of Asia last 2011 with my family and I was already a yogurt addict that time. I loved the way they swirl the yogurt and with the toppings they put on the cup, it was just so good!

But in this branch, obviously it's my first time. Although I always pass on this store, I haven't tried to go inside and look around. This branch is bigger than the MOA counterpart and it's predominantly red and brown. They also have magazines for you to read while eating your yogurt.


Menu
 Looking at their menu, they don't exclusively sell yogurts but they also have smoothies, waffles, coffee and tea. I have tried their waffles when Happy Lemon had its Grand Inauguration few months back.


Toppings
Just like other yogurt stores, they also have toppings that you can choose for your yogurt. My personal favorites are graham, blueberry, kiwi, mango, etc. Each topping costs 20 Pesos but for the succeeding ones, it will be for 15 Pesos only.


My yogurt!
How To Order:
Choose what you want to try but in my case, let's choose yogurt. Pick a size that you can consume. But since I missed the yogurt so much, I chose the medium size and according to the lady in the counter, they always have it on a bowl which made me happy! Then, she swirled the yogurt till she stopped and it was so beautiful to look at! It looked exactly like in the picture! In other words, perfect!


My yogurt with toppings
The Serving:
What made Red Mango set apart from other yogurt stores is the way they serve the yogurt. They serve it in a unique bowl and they swirl the yogurt till the top. Next thing she did was placing the topping on the bowl. I picked blueberry, mango and graham crackers. I chose these toppings as it reminds me of a blueberry cheesecake and mango float in one. Price: 170 Pesos in medium size (with 3 toppings).

The Taste:
It's just like other yogurts that has this tangy taste which I really missed. The combination of these 3 flavors were just like a triumvirate of great flavors in one bowl! When I mixed the crushed graham and mango, it's just like the mango float. And when I mixed the blueberry and crushed graham, it's like eating the blueberry cheesecake! Best of both worlds indeed!

If you have time, visit their branch at The Peak. It's just beside Happy Lemon and you can easily spot the place. I wanna try their waffles next time or yogurt parfait. :D


Annyeong! Thanks for reading!


If you want to know more about Red Mango, click the link below:

19 comments:

  1. The yogurt smoothies are making me drool. I love yogurt desserts, especially with blueberry, cheesecake and almonds as toppings. Noms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I'm drooling right now in front of the monitor! hehe! :D

      Delete
  2. My daughter would love that as she likes yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice! Yogurt is actually healthy and has good bacteria therefore, it's good for her to eat more yogurt! :)

      Delete
  3. Good they have this kind of place at the peak, yogurt is good for you and with the flavors they added? it would indulge the customers to eat or snacks healthier food with a cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! It is healthy and I love the tangy taste of it! And I love the idea of making customers mix their own toppings to make them satisfied.. :)

      Delete
  4. the presentation looks very inviting and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?

      From the swirling of yogurt to placing their toppings on it, it's a delight! :D

      Delete
  5. The fave place of my wife whenever we are at MOA, gosh, yogurt adik yun. But me, yaks, I hate the taste. Doon na lang ako sa pagbabasa ng magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad doesn't like the taste too. I guess, it's an acquired taste and it needs time for you to get used to it. Learn to love yogurt and it's also healthy! :D

      Delete
  6. Ohlala! I could have some right now and could make me work faster because of those sugar overloads! Lol. Sarap naman nyan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought that yogurt can make you work faster! Well, it's a new discovery for me! :D

      Delete
  7. That's a wonderful way of serving yogurt. I am used to pre-pack one that can be bought in supermarket. I can't eat anything aside from strawberry flavored yogurt. -lencilicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the pre-pack one but I guess I'll settle for what I'm used to. :)

      Delete
  8. I will take fro-yo over regular ice cream. It is healthy, and its taste does not fall far from the latte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the fro-yo but I tried the Ko-Yo from BonChon and you must try their Banoffee flavor. It already has 3 flavors in it for a price of 70 Pesos. It's a YUM! :D

      Delete
  9. I like yogurt and one of my favorite.The presentation hard to resist.So yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they said that they'll put it on the bowl, I was so excited because I know that they'll do the presentation as good as what I've seen on their wall. And when the lady was done with the yogurt with all the toppings in the bowl, it was splendid to look at! :D

      Delete
  10. Ang ganda naman diyan. Sana meron ding Red Mango Peak dito sa Butuan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.