The Tasty Monkey Bread

June 30, 2013 - When my sister told me that she's gonna bake Monkey bread, I find the name really weird that time. I was thinking a lot of things like how does it look, will it be yummy, etc. There was no origin of the name thus it remains a mystery to all of us.

According to a website, this is the definition of what Monkey bread means:

"Monkey bread, also called as monkey puzzle bread, sticky bread, African coffee cake, golden crown, pinch-me cake, pluck-it cake, bubbleloaf, and monkey brains is a sweet, sticky, gooey pastry served in the United States for breakfast. It consists of pieces of soft bread with cinnamon sprinkled on it. It is served in fairs and other parks as a treat."

When she went home and brought the extra Monkey bread, I was excited as I can finally taste how delicious Monkey bread is. She showed me the picture of it and it really looked great!


Monkey Bread. Photo by: Marmelle's Delights
She baked this bread when she had a class. They always have a class every Sunday morning and they're given a menu with recipes for them to do and my sister chose to bake the Monkey bread. Actually, 1 decade ago, she had an attempt to bake a "pandesal" but it was a failure.

Today, I can say that this bread in the picture is definitely a lot better than the pandesal she made. The moment that the Monkey bread was placed in the table, I couldn't contain myself just to look at the short distance. What I did was I opened the plastic ware and smelled the Monkey bread. The smell itself is so addictive! It's like I'm being drugged with the smell and got so addicted to it!


Closer look. Just look at the raisins!
When I finished my lunch, Monkey bread was served in the table and everyone of us were given a slice of it.  When I sliced the bread, it was so soft that it felt like I was just gliding it. I got the big piece which made me so happy and excited to finally taste the Monkey bread! From the texture and color, it tells me that they're delicious and they have to be eaten for me to be satisfied. Of course, what could I do but to grant the bread's request to be eaten. :D

When I took a bite on this bread, it was so good that made me want to eat more! The bread was soft and I can tell that it's hot and most of the time, the bread is eaten best when it's fresh from the oven because you can still taste every flavor of the bread. In this case, the Monkey bread was still hot and it means, a delicious bread to feast!

The only downside of this bread is the abundance of raisins (sorry Ate! :D) which made me collect and put them on my plate that I've used. It's better if lessened so that I can enjoy most of the bread and its flavors in it. But it's yummy after all and it's the most important thing. Thank you Ate Mimi for the scrumptious Monkey bread that we've enjoyed so much. I also enjoyed picking out raisins and place them on my plate. Hehe! :D





Adieu! 
Thanks for reading!






If you want to know more about Marmelle's Delights and it's recipes, click on the link below:
Marmelle's Delights on Facebook


23 comments:

  1. i am not a fan of raisin type of bread but i will try this to know how it will taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm not a fan of raisins. But you've got to taste it. :)

      Delete
  2. Too much of a raisins especially in cakes/ bread is over powering. This cake somehow resembles to our favorite in cupcakes in Le Boheme here in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Too much raisins doesn't appeal me. I have to remove them when I'm eating something with it.

      Delete
  3. I thought that the monkey bread would look like a monkey. Haha I'm a fan of raisins in bread so this one must be my type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought it would look like a monkey. I guess we've learned something. :D

      Delete
  4. first time to hear about monkey bread.. i think i'd love it since i love raisins with cinnamon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love raisins? You'll definitely love this bread! :D

      Delete
  5. Yeah, this bread sounds weird as the name suggests. Just imagine, pieces of monkey meat or whatever is baked and turned into a monkey bread. Well, it is a misnomer. Probably, it is just a gimmick to satisfy customer/s curiosity. I wish I could taste it also by myself. But I never heard it in our place, that weird bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name's weird right? Well, at least we know the real thing.. :D

      Delete
  6. I never knew it was called Monkey bread, but not Raisin bread, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of raisins and I think this is a must try. How does it taste? A resemblance to cinnamon bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's far from the cinnamon bread although there's a presence of cinnamon in the bread.

      Delete
  8. I am not a fan of raisins either but I would love to try this bread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting name and look... probably not something I'd pick out myself but with your recommendation, I just might try it when I encounter it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I tell you, this version of monkey bread is incomparable. :)

      Delete
  10. Very interesting Monkey Bread name, Jonas. When can we taste that bread? heehheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my sister opens a bakeshop. Blogger's event perhaps? :D

      Delete
  11. I love this kind of breads and also the name, it sounds really interesting. I love how it looks like so I bet it's really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delish! I haven't had monkey bread yet, but I'd love to give this a try. I'm a big fan of raisins so this seems perfect for me :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.