Munching The Katsudon @ Teriyaki Boy, Abreeza

October 9, 2013 - Before joining the Trivia Night, I was so hungry that I had to search for new dish to try when I stumbled at Teriyaki Boy in Abreeza, just beside Sbarro. Teriyaki Boy opened its 1st branch last 2011 and it's part of Pancake House Group. With its name alone, you'll know right ahead that they serve Japanese dishes and since I love Japanese food, it was a perfect time for me to try their food! :D


Inside Teriyaki Boy
When inside this restaurant, you'll notice that it's dominated mostly with color yellow and brown. The light exudes warm ambiance and it makes you feel like you're in one of the restaurant in Japan. There are spaces at the back in case more customers arrive at this restaurant. While at the entrance, I noticed their discount promo and asked the waiter about it after which, I sat on the yellow leather chair and read their menu.


Katsudon
The Serving:
After scanning at their menu, I decided to go on the Katsudon. This dish is a breaded pork cutlet, deep-fried and simmered in sweet soy sauce, onions and leeks,  with beaten egg, topped on a bed of steamed Japanese rice. Price: 175 Pesos.

The Taste:
When this was served in my table, the Katsudon was not appetizing as I've imagined. When I tasted it, surprisingly, the pork was tender and tasty! I added Kikkoman for more flavor and it tasted a lot better! But the thing is, I don't eat much rice and it imposed a problem for me already! Nonetheless, I managed to finish a big bowl of rice!


Green Tea - My Savior!
When I eat big meals in a Japanese restaurant, I always have a green tea on my side to help me digest the food fast and it's always a big help to finish my meal. I would feel relaxed afterwards. It's why when I knew that I would eat a big bowl of Katsudon, The green tea is my savior! I felt satisfied with my meal and I'll be back for sure.. If I'm really hungry of course! Thanks Teriyaki Boy for a satisfying dinner! :D


Sayonara! Thanks for reading! 



To know more about Teriyaki Boy, pls. click the link below:

13 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, making my mouth watery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I am not a big fan of Japanese foods, this Katsudon seems a good one to try. Sana nga lang deep fried talaga ang pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should also try other Hot Japanese dishes. They're delicious! :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that the Katsudon in Teriyaki Boy is that cheap. Hubby loves Katsudon, it's his go to Japanese dish hehe. More the reason to go back here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much is the usual Katsudon meal? I just wanna know.. :D

      Delete
  4. The restaurant's name sounds like a bad boy to me :-) The food looks delish. The restaurant looks clean too. Can I have some soup please? It is perfect to warm me up when it is 30 degrees outside right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does it sound like a bad boy? I wanna know. :D

      Delete
  5. The foods look so tempting, hmmm I always passed by with the restaurant but with your post I am sure I will dine there someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also used to just pass by this restaurant. At least, I've tried their dish. :D

      Delete
  6. Very interesting location as well as the katsudom food, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking of what to eat today then -i came here --- I'd definitely go for Japanese for lunch! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.