Quick Dessert @ Coco's South Bistro

October 26, 2013 - After my piano lesson, since it's a birthday celebration of my cousin Lea, I went straight to the venue of her birthday which was held at Buffet Palace, Matina branch. In the venue, I spotted my Uncle Mario, Aunt "Mommy" Auring, and my cousins Lea and Luigi. I had a nice chat with them but minutes later, I was hungry already since I only had crackers for snacks. I asked Luigi to eat with me at Coco's South Bistro since they're at the same building, we just had to walk to their entrance on the side.


Inside Coco's South Bistro
When I went inside Coco's South Bistro, I immediately noticed the colors surrounding the restaurant. I felt comfortable already and since they're in Halloween mode, customized spider webs were in the counter and on the walls. They also have more space at the left side for more customers. The peak hours happens at night where more people would come to have a sumptuous dinner with friends and family. Find my cousin here! :D


Posters
Coco's 1st branch is at Torres St. It's their biggest branch here in Davao. Their second branch is at the Victoria Plaza Complex and this is their latest branch at Matina. When you look above on their wall, you'll notice the posters from the different artists and most of them are old. I felt like I was in an American restaurant where you can see the posters of the musicians such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Elvis Presley, The Beatles and the Jackson 5. There are lots of posters in this branch and it made the atmosphere a lot cooler!


Apple Crumble
I ordered Apple Crumble for our quick dessert. It's a warm chunky apple with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce. This is one of their new desserts of Coco's South Bistro. I've tried this dessert when I had a sumptuous dinner with my mom at Hog's Breath Cafe. It was really delicious but so expensive too! This Apple Crumble is more affordable and can't wait to eat this dessert again! Price: 110 Pesos.

The Serving:
This Apple Crumble was placed on a rounded square bowl and it's bigger than I've expected! The whipped cream though didn't look that good to me but the caramel sauce saved a bit in the presentation area. It's still delicious to look at. I loved the way it looked and gotta love the color of it!

The Taste:
I knew right ahead that this Apple Crumble will taste really good and I was right! Every spoonful of this dessert is delightful! The cinnamon was there, of course the nuts were a perfect combination with other ingredients. The caramel sauce gave sweetness to the dessert and of course, the apple underneath was delicious!

I would love to visit this place again and this time, I'll try other meals that they have and I'll make sure that I can avail of their 50% discount on their meals from 2:00 to 6:00 P.M. Thanks Coco's South Bistro for this delectable dessert! I would love to munch on your Apple Crumble next time! And thanks cousin Luigi for the company! :D


Adieu! Thanks for reading!



If you want to know more about Coco's South Bistro, click on the link below:
Coco's South Bistro on Facebook

27 comments:

  1. The place is really cool and the foods are quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? That's good to hear! I have yet to try them soon.. Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  2. First, belated happy birthday to your cousin! :) The place you visited looks unique. I think I'd love to take photos there too. I haven't been to Coco's but if I were to try the resto, I'd choose to go to Davao because you said it's their biggest branch. :) I don't really like apple-stuff, but that apple crumble is making me hungry. It really looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of their branches are in Davao and I haven't been to Torres and Bajada branch.. :D

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling right now, if ever mapunta ako sa Davao, I'll beep you bro para you treat me this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope when you come visit here in Davao, I have tons of money para malibre kita! haha! :D

      Delete
  4. Hmmm that looks yummy! Me the sweet tooth would definitely love to check this place out when I;m in Davao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You'll love the Apple Crumble! Try also in Hog's Breath too! :D

      Delete
  5. I reallly thought this is taken outside the country but when I read your post I was amazed, it is just within my reach I will surely visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I was like transported in an American resto. :D

      Delete
  6. We love apple crumble here at home so I am sure that one would sure be a hoot when we visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apple crumble would be my first choice too. My daughter is an apple eater so I have to experiment tons of apple dishes at home so she would eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can find lots of dishes that has apple in it and I'm sure your daughter will enjoy every bits of it! :D

      Delete
  8. You have lots of restaurants in Davao that could make up your appetite. Foodie article really moved my stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Davao is a haven for foodies! So, if you want a gastronomic adventure, Davao is for you! :D

      Delete
  9. The ambiance and food looks good! I made the best apple crumble at home...that's according to my husband...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's the best, I'm sure it is delicious! :D

      Delete
  10. I love apple crumble! That one you showed is worth drooling! :D How wonderful that Davao has so much to offer na talaga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through the years, Davao is now a foodie's haven! You can experience different cuisines in different restaurants and more to open soon! :D

      Delete
  11. Sounds and looks like a great place to visit and hmm that apple crumble looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so curious about Davao. I have read so many good things about it. It will definitely be in my places to visit when I vacation back in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing beats the apple crumble of Hog's Breath. Hahaha Just sharing, Jonas. Pero I would love to try South Bistro's version soon! Baka mas tasty pa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love their pizza! I'd try visiting their new branch in Matina since it's near my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The apple crumble looks yummy! Now, I am craving for one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am literally drooling here! The apple crumble looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.