Darcy's Place: Now Serving Something New

January 24, 2015 - Yoohoo! Been busy for just few weeks (just few weeks.. right.) in school and recently, I had no time and effort to write up something till last week when we we're invited at Darcy' Place at their new location in Damosa, Lanang. I was also excited as we'll be reunited with #3J again and this means more fun! :D


Darcy's Place at Damosa, Lanang
Darcy's Place opened last year at their former location in Sobrecarey St. I've known this one over Facebook and never had a chance to visit the place as I really don't know where it's located and never been to that place before (or never knew that I've passed it). Now conveniently located in Damosa, Lanang, it may be a bit far from the old location BUT it's now easier to find.


Inside Darcy's Place

Warm lights, nice space, anything that can make you comfy is right here!
Pandas all over the place
This one too! They're everywhere! Such a sight to see!
There's no Sereni... never mind! :D
As you may have noticed, Darcy's Place is filled with panda stuffed toys that you would utter words like "Aaaw, Kawaii, Sugoi, Cute!". Books, paintings, mugs added the homey atmosphere of the cafe and I'm satisfied with it as it made me more comfortable to eat and drink whatever I'll order.


Mason Jar Ceiling Lamps
When you're into "home away from home" kind of thing, just expect warm lights illuminate the whole place and you'll feel cozy right after. Whenever I visit this kind of resto that provides comfort, I would sneak a chance to take a picture of it and just appreciate how beautiful it is! :D

The reason we're invited to their place is to try their new food that it's not out of their menu yet and I'm kind of nervous that they're depending on our reviews. It's like their life is in our hands (sort of).


Texan Roadrunner
This first dish is called Texan Roadrunner and it's still vague to me why is it called the Texan Roadrunner. Nonetheless, it has a meatball on top which gives out salty flavor but it's also being neutralized with other flavors that would balance everything. Overall, it's a great dish to eat for the second time. :D


Pan Seared Chicken with White Wine Reduction Sauce
The second dish that was served to us is the Pan Seared Chicken with White Wine Reduction Sauce. This dish comes with Pasta Aglio Olio which is one of my favorite pasta dish to eat. The trademark of this dish that I'll remember is the feeling of eating white wine in a form of this dish. Everything was perfect from the pan seared chicken to the pasta. The flavors were superb and would love to eat this one again!


Hawaiian Chicken
The third dish was the Hawaiian Chicken and immediately, I've noticed the generous serving of this dish and if they serve me this one, I would be one happy customer and I'll be delighted to eat this! Of course, both the chicken and Pasta Aglio Olio were delicious and the sauce that gave more flavors to the dish. But, surprisingly, the sliced red bell peppers tasted really good! This dish would look much better if the pasta is in the bottom and the others on top.


Cream Dory with Apple Sauce
Sorry for the demise of Dory, the blue amnesiac fish from Finding Nemo as here it is, served as a mouthwatering Cream Dory with Apple Sauce. And no, they didn't cook Dory FYI. We didn't eat her either. :D

This is by far, one of the most delicious dish I've tried as the sauce was perfect with the cream dory. The flavors were in the dish and in harmony with other ingredients best paired with sliced veggies on the side. This would be a perfect lunch if ever I'm in  Darcy's Place.


Tomato Basil Cream Dory
This other cream dory recipe is called the Tomato Basil Cream Dory and this dish is for the veggie freaks who are in healthy lifestyle. With tomatoes and basil on top of the cream dory, this is guaranteed a healthy dish to eat. But the taste seems like an okay for me but I would love to try this one next time.


Breaded Chops with Broccoli Sauce
The next dish they served to us is the Breaded Chops with Broccoli Sauce and no, they don't serve two chops with no rice. Usually, it has a cup of rice beside the breaded chops but for this taste test, they served us with two. When my fellow bloggers tried to slice the breaded chops, they had a hard time slicing it.

Maybe they can make the pork a bit tender for the customers to easily slice them but the breaded chops were delicious and it goes very well with the broccoli sauce. But I had a hard time chewing the pork but thankfully, it went okay.


Surf and Turf
I always say this that I'm particular on the beef especially on how it's cooked. Well, this Surf and Turf was appealing to my eyes and just imagine, a T-bone steak on your plate with red wine sauce and shrimps on top with fried potatoes and veggies on the side. It's like heaven's answer to your hunger!

The beef is undeniably delicious and packed a lot of flavors! The shrimps tasted really great as well if combined with the beef BUT, the problem prior to eating the steak was the slicing which all of us had a hard time. Even I had a hard time slicing the meat and t'was thinking if I could still make it but thankfully, I just did! :D


Chili Pasta with Meatballs
 I always look for the good kick in my mouth (NOT with a foot) thus they served us with their last dish which was the Chili Pasta with Meatballs. The pasta itself was spicy and I LOVED it! Although it was a bit dry but the spiciness of the pasta was so good that I was the one who finished it. But the meatballs were dry but tasted okay in my tongue's opinion. The meatball looked like a Pac-Man though and it's also their observation too! :D


Arabica en Robusta
Brewed Coffee is best served hot and they gave us Arabica en Robusta. It's usually very strong and indeed it was! It's why they gave us a shot of syrup for added sweetness to our coffee and together, they tasted very good! The after taste of sweetness was perfect and the coffee can be a bit cooperative and not overall overwhelming.



Thank you Darcy's Place for everything: The place, food and to Ms. Diane for accommodating and entertaining us with much information. I may have not visited the original branch but it doesn't mean I failed on it. They just transferred to a better location that can be seen easily and at the same time, perfect environment for the customers to just chill, relax, eat, and drink comfortably. Again, thank you so much!





CIAO!
Thanks for reading!






For more information and updates, please click the link below:

21 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty cool place to hangout, bonus because there food looks great as well. Thanks for sharing Jonas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete
  2. You Inspire Me To Travel!! Darcys Looks like an AWESOME place to spend time with friends and enjoy a Great meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It feels like home with lights that are warmly lit around the place and it's also great to have a hearty conversation with a friend while eating delicious meals.. :D

      Delete
  3. great review. The Hawaiian Chicken looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're really good and a perfect pair with Aglio Olio pasta!

      Thanks for the visit too! :D

      Delete
  4. mouthwatering photos. I would definitely where that hat if I go there and take a selfie. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ambiance of the place--well-lit, modern, and casual. The portion of food looks enough to make me super full! The breaded chops with broccoli sauce seems interesting. I would want to try that! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another place to visit in Davao! I look forward to my family's next visit. We'll make sure to dine here. The Surf and Turf looks very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darcy's place looks simple but the food presentation looks like its from a fine dining resto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great venue for people wants to hangout. I would recommend it to others

    ReplyDelete
  9. Davao is one of my favorite places. I really enjoyed exploring the city last year, and ended it with a bang in Samal Island.

    This seems like a nice place to hang out. Your post just proved that Davao has a lot of really good and enticing restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading your post early in the morning really made me hungry. Nice shots. About Darcy's place, they have pretty good ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the awesome review of the place and the food. Yeah you're right, the old location is difficult to find, not the best of the areas to catch a lot of college crowd but I have never seen this place empty ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see the panda decors. It makes the place look refreshing. They also have enticing food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the place interior, pwedeng-pwede sa mga bagets. The dishes they offered you are simply inviting. Yummy talaga and that Breaded Chops with Broccoli Sauce is something I love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I love the decors of the resto..I like the way they use some re-purposed materials like the mason jars turned into light :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are all food yellow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.. It's just the warm lights and I saturated the photos a little bit.. :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.