Tokyo Tokyo @ SM City Davao: Closer To Home

December 22, 2014 - When Tokyo Tokyo opened its 1st branch in SM Lanang Premier, everyone was so excited that the restaurant was always full every single day with no chance for me to sit down and eat their food. Since, the location of their first branch is unbearably far from where I'm living right now, I couldn't make myself available to visit the resto and just eat. :(

But what comes next made me so happy because.. Tokyo Tokyo finally opened their newest branch in SM City Davao and couldn't hide my excitement as they're finally near to where I live right now! They occupied the space where Red Ribbon used to and this day was also the day where I had my gift shopping and called my friend Alyssa to join and eat a famous Japanese food which is also a craze in Metro Manila.. Ramen! :D


Tokyo Tokyo at SM City Davao
Like any other Japanese restaurants, Tokyo Tokyo specializes Japanese cuisine but the thing is, it's fast food but it still has the restaurant feel where you have to wait for your order to arrive and observe everything inside.


More pictures inside Tokyo Tokyo:


Just got to love the colors of this poster! :D
Second Floor
Like the first branch, SM City Davao branch was also jampacked with customers who want to try their food and as usual, wasn't able to even try them on the first day. But I was able to find time and this was the day that I was at my most convenient.

When I entered inside this branch, I felt like I was in Japan and got to love the atmosphere! Great thing about this branch is they've added a mezzanine floor to accommodate more customers. 



When I think of Ramen, I automatically think of a big bowl of goodness but the problem arises if you're not able to finish the whole bowl. Good thing is, they have snack size which is smaller and those who have small appetite can actually finish a small bowl of ramen. Like me. :D


Tempura Miso Ramen
I ordered the Tempura Miso Ramen which consists of tempura, a slice of boiled egg, nori, onion leaves, thinly sliced cabbages and noodles in miso. Price: 110 Pesos.

The taste is just like your ordinary ramen that satisfies your hunger but got to love the size of the tempura which was bigger than usual but still loved the taste. I recommend this for those who want to just have the right taste of ramen but with miso, everything in this small bowl is complete!


Braised Pork Ramen
As for Alyssa, she has the Braised Pork Ramen which consists of braised pork, and the usual ramen ingredients; a slice of boiled egg, nori, thinly sliced cabbages, onion leaves and noodles. Price: 110 Pesos.

For her, it tasted like a legit ramen since they didn't use any MSG to enhance the flavor. She also liked the nori as it was crispy and she find the taste really good! The braised pork was also okay for her. Overall, she liked the ramen! Glad that she said it! :D

Of course, our snacks would not be complete without their famous Red Iced Tea and yes, it has a different taste and by far, my favorite! Numnum! Price: 40 Pesos.

First, I've got to thank Tokyo Tokyo for having their second branch near to our home, second, to my friend Alyssa who accompanied me in the resto and to her clumsy hands for dropping her phone in the ramen which made us laugh for minutes but it felt like we laughed for centuries! Hahaha! Oh well, her cellphone worked just fine! :D





CIAO!
Thanks for reading!





If you want to know more about Tokyo Tokyo, please click the link below:

21 comments:

  1. Nice post! Keep it up! Gusto kong itry ang ibang dish nila :)
    P.S. Di naman masyadong clumsy ang friend mo no? hahaha :) Kapangalan ko pa talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di pud kaayo ka nagmalinis no? Haha! Ikaw lagi akong kauban ba! Sows!

      Delete
  2. I like your approach on the topic. Your article is as interesting as your previous writings. Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate that you like my articles.. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is! I suggest you try their other dish. They're also tasty.. :)

      Delete
  4. natawa naman ako sa phone na nahulog sa soup! glad the phone is stil working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! We were like laughing for a long time when it happened!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Try their ramen.. It's a yum! Well, it's just a suggestion.. :D

      Delete
  6. MAo gyud ... I wish naa nay tokyo tokyo sa Cebu uy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tokyo Tokyo is a Japanese resto. Am I right? The foods sold their are all Japanese foods. I've been eating in several restos, but I've still a problem on how to differentiate foods from different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey this looks different than most Tokyo Tokyos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks different than most Tokyo Tokyos ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ramen and anything Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I super love their RAMEN. I ordered big bowl and it was really biiiiiiig! Tried their spicy beef ramen so milky and delicious.

    The wooden fixtures, the paintings hung at the upper part of the walls, and the Japanese curtains (called noren according to my research) give it a Japanese ambiance. Service was good all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the meals at Tokyo Tokyo because of their larger meal offerings. Their meals are also really tasty and reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow another addition to the restaurants at SM Lanang..I'm sure people from Davao would enjoy Tokyo Tokyo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their 1st branch opened way back in 2012.. :)

      Delete
  14. Love this establishment. Love the ambiance and the meals they offer. Unique dining experience indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed Tokyo Tokyo a lot. I ate there so many times that I got tired of it. It is a nice place to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch. It has a fairly nice ambiance.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.