Antonio's Bar & Grill - Taste Test Event


Last January 29, 2013, media and bloggers were invited to a special taste test event at Antonio's Bar & Grill - SM City Davao Branch where we got to taste selected and new dishes for this month's promo. If you want to know more about the promo, just click the link: Promo Mechanics

Here are some of the pictures:


 Here is the list of 14 dishes that you can order this month of February.




This is their Iced Tea Tower - It's a Nestea Iced Tea served in a convenient tower dispenser.

 

This is Binagoongang Gulay. It is an assorted vegetables sauteed in fermented shrimp and stewed in coconut milk. Like they always say "Everything with gata is always good!" Well, this dish really is delicious! The ingredients were in great harmony especially the soup! The soup bagged lots of flavors. If I were to order a vegetable dish, I would recommend this one.



This is Sisig Pusit. It's a stuffed squid with pork sisig. Cooking a squid dish is tricky. If undercooked, it may be raw. If overcooked, it may be like a rubber when you chew it and it's hard to slice with a spoon.

When I sliced the squid with a spoon, it went so gently that I don't need so much effort to do it! I loved the idea of stuffing a squid with pork sisig as it turned out to be one of the favorite dish. In fact, I ate like 4 slices of it! :D



This is Dinakdakan. It's a spicy pork mascara blended with special ingredient & mayonnaise, vinegar and spices. The one sliced in strips are actually onions. This one turned out to be one of my favorites! The sauce really blended well with the rest of the ingredients as it gave lots of flavors.

From the sourness of vinegar to spicy flavors, everything worked well together. If you love onions and an onion lover, try this one.



This is the Bagnet. It's a thinly sliced crispy fried salted pork belly. This dish is so popular in Ilocos Region and it's spreading nationwide! What made them love this dish? It's so crispy and because it's thinly sliced, it's easier for me to eat this dish. I prefer this dish with a soy sauce on my side.



This is Sinigang na Hipon. It's a tamarind sour soup with shrimp and vegetables. I really love sinigang and as I've tasted this dish, it's the sinigang that I've been waiting for. It's not called sinigang if it's not sour enough.



This is Bulalo. It's a beef bone marrow soup. It also has some vegetables mixed in. The beef is so tender that I could easily slice the meat with my spoon. The vegetables helped so much with the flavor with the bulalo.



This is Pinaputok na Manok. It's a deep fried seasoned chicken wrapped in banana leaves. I found the chicken good actually. But I found some pink parts in it which is a no-no. I do hope that they can do better than this. But more than that, it's still a good dish to eat.



This is Crispy Bangus sa Inadobong Kangkong & Gata. It's a crispy fried bangus topped with stewed kangkong and coconut milk. The bangus goes well with of course, coconut milk and the vegetables in it. By just looking at it, it's already a feast!



This is Crispy Tuna Belly. It's a deep fried tuna belly. When I first saw this, I thought it's a pork dish! (seriously!) But when I found out that it's actually a deep fried tuna, I was astounded! This dish is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. It's also a must try for tuna lovers out there.



This is Inadobong Manok sa Gata at Sili. It's a  chicken stewed in vinegar, garlic and soy sauce then coconut milk with added chili fingers. Honestly, this dish was not spicy. Although this one is a good dish but when it's spicy, it has to be spicy. I was disappointed but I do hope they'll make this one more spicy.



This is Crispy Pata. It's a Deep fried pork knuckles served with soy vinegar dip. I ate their chicharon first before the crispy pata. I just ate a little piece of crispy pata but I like it! Too bad that I haven't tasted the skin though. :(



This is Frozen Buko Pandan. It's a frozen salad of buko meat, pandan gelatin and thick cream. This was a great finale for our taste test! It's unique because I was used to eat buko pandan salad when it's not frozen. This one was new to me. Did I like this dessert? It's a YES! It may not be very sweet but everything in this Frozen Buko Salad was perfect! I'll eat this one again for sure.

The taste test event was so fun! I had the chance to taste all of the dishes that they've served to us. Thanks to Ms. Marissa for the invitation and to Antonio's Bar & Grill for the wonderful dishes that they've served to us. Until next time! :D





Thanks for reading!






If you want updates for this blog, check out the Facebook Page below:
Davao City Guy on Facebook

30 comments:

  1. A lot of my favorite food are included here and common foods Filipinos love so this place would really go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sisig pusit looks very yummy!!! nice iced tea tower! would love to have one here at home! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I hate you! I hate you for posting foods like these. Made me wanna go and cook, order food or even go out just to try these out. Seriously, you made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks like a really cozy place to hang out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Antonio's looks like a good place to chill and eat good food with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. for a person like me who eat almost everything this should be a great try... I surely agree that almost all dish taste good with Gata!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really pays to gobble down good food. Antonio's quite pricey but I believe that it's just worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the foods looks yummy, haven't heard about this place. must be fun to share with fellow bloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're here in Davao, it's one of the popular restos and the best time to dine is during dinner time.

      Delete
  9. wew! mouth-watering :) sarap nung bagnet! Sana ma invite din ako sa ganyang mga tasting events :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm...yummy. These are the food I can't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to be in Davao this year. So I'm definitely trying Antonio's when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait to see you here! And of course, you must try Antonio's.. :D

      Delete
  12. Everything looks delish. Someday somehow I will experience Davao and its great restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Explore the restos here! Although I love food trips in Manila, somehow, Davao is really a haven for foodies. Delicious yet affordable.

      Delete
  13. Wow! Just wondering, when bloggers are invited for taste-testing, will all the food served be for free? This is in a way free advertising for the restaurant, anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sa Squid sisig and baknet, solve na tummy ko.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! those foods are so mouth watering.. love the seafood specially the sinigang na hipon, my favorite! this is a great place to hang out with friends who really love to eat! thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had so much fun during the event! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! It was like an Amazing Race as the food were served so fast!

      Delete
  17. Great foods at Antonio's Grill.. glad you enjoyed the taste test..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks good! I will definitely head over when I'm in Davao again. Heck, if it's absolutely fantastic, I might add this on a future to-go place in a magazine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All I can say is that their foods are superb and yummy! Hope there is a branch here in Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, lots of yummy crispy stuffs... mouthwatering indeed. and who can resist the sinigang na hipon, not me. love to dine here with my family. thanks. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Food tasting and taste tasting is something too good to passed on upon. Nice that it went well.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.