Cozy Afternoon @ Tata Benito's Coffeeshop, Paseo de Legaspi Branch

January 22, 2014 - Few years ago, I was like a regular customer at this coffee shop and I admire how beautiful their interior was. The space was big and relaxing! When you look up in their ceiling, there was a big old map of Davao. I could remember how fun it was to point out in the map some places with my friends. But with my recent visit, I couldn't just believe that it was still the same place as it changed so much!


Inside Tata Benito's
The space was so small and I have to admit, I'm a bit claustrophobic since 1/4 of the space was occupied with a small boutique. I hope that they could just remove the small boutique to give more space in case there will be more customers staying inside the coffee shop.

The atmosphere was so homey! The displayed great amounts of vintage items inside Tata Benito's but again, I hope they could just remove some of the items as it made the space a lot smaller though I fancy them. They also have magazines for those who want to read while waiting for their order but in my case, I was just patiently waiting for my order to arrive. :D


Original Recipe
Scanning in the menu is one of the most time consuming moment since I always have to find something that can make me and my tummy satisfied. Of course, it includes the taste and can make me stuffed. I ordered the Original Recipe among other pastas that they have. Price: 110 Pesos.


Closer look.. 
The Serving:
This pasta contains chunks of tomatoes, herbs, and Parmesan cheese on top. You may add meat if you want. For a 110 Peso pasta, it's already plenty! It also has 2 slices of garlic bread on the side.

The Taste:
It tasted a bit sweet due to the tomatoes being used in this dish. The good thing though is, it's not as sweet as other pastas I've eaten to which my taste buds agreed! The Parmesan cheese added more flavor to the pasta and I find their garlic bread delicious! I know it's surprising but it is so good! About the meat, well, I can't seem to find and taste it. Maybe they were chopped into little bits that went unnoticeable. Because the pasta was tasted so great, I managed to finish the whole plate left nothing but the remaining sauce that I scraped. Will I ever return for one more? Absolutely!  



Arrivederci! Thanks for reading!




To visit their Facebook account, just click the link below:

18 comments:

  1. An Italian-flavored pasta with chunky tomatoes....very delicious indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Italian-flavored pasta that's so delicious with parmesan cheese. The smoky and chunky tomatoes really adds the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm looks so yummy!!!! You made me crave for some pasta! ;) got to eat some tomorrrow by all means haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That looks ever so yummy!!! I don't think I would even mind how small the place is if I am already facing that very sumptuous pasta menu! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see why you feel hat way about the space. Why not just order to take out your fave dish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that pasta and the bread looks good, must be a great place to hang out, sometimes vintage designs are now coming back to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pasta looks yummy and the interior very cozy, I can see why you would still go back there despite you're claustrophobic and they have very small space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like any kind of pasta. The food makes me hungry now, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so tasty. It's been a while since I made sag so I might make it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, the place looks great. I love those kind of restos interior, it looks so inviting and comfy. and the food, geez, now I'm craving for one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The atmosphere of the coffee shop looks very relaxing. I could imagine myself eating in this inviting place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jonas, I salute you, I think you visited all of the restos in Davao already. Thanks for sharing your dining experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. one of my favorite coffee shops. But since I don't have my friend with me now it is already a while since I visited the shop sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time to heard about this place from your blog, I definitely check it out when I visit Davao.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been a loooonngggg time since I last visited this place! I'm looking forward to ordering their pasta dish again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the review. Pls try of filipino pesto with sardines when u come back
    Thanks for patronizing - gel of tata benitos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I would love to! I'll just come anytime when I'm vacant. Thanks for reading this entry! :D

      Delete
  17. Hello there! Extremely good article! I’m a usual website visitor to your website. Keep up the fantastic work, I read few articles on this internet site and I believe that your weblog is very interesting and contains lots of great information.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.