Balamban Liempo For Lunch

July 3, 2013 - After buying a book at C & E Bookstore, I went to Gaisano Mall of Davao just to stroll around and to kill the time (Hehe!). After strolling, I went to the office just to rest and waited for my mom. With her is the liempo from Balamban Liempo, Gaisano Mall branch and from there, we went to the pantry and prepared ourselves for lunch.

Balamban Liempo Cebu - Gaisano Mall branch
Balamban Liempo originated in Cebu and expanded here in Davao. I never knew of its existence until we had a taste test in Beloy's Lechon Belly at NCCC Mall Davao. They were also one of the franchisers of Balamban Liempo and it's good to hear that they've expanded here in Davao. And I never thought this would be our lunch.

Price: 185 Pesos


Yummy closer look
When my mom handed me the liempo, she warned me that the vinegar was all over the cellophane which I immediately brought the liempo to the pantry and placed it in a saucer. It also comes with the soy sauce to be mixed up with the vinegar. The liempo was wrapped in foil and when I opened, it was plenty! For a 185 Peso liempo, it's a steal! My mom told me to mix the vinegar and soy sauce. It was weird but I did it anyway. :D

To be honest, of all the liempos I've tried here, this one was the most delicious! The crunching sound of the pork skin is a music to my ears. The flavors of the liempo were like blending and harmonizing as I'm eating them. The secret of their liempo is actually the spices. That's why it's so tasty that made me want to eat more!

After eating our lunch, there was still plenty of liempo left and we decided to give them and leave some for us. If you are to eat a liempo, buy at Balamban Liempo. Some of the reviews I heard are not so good but for now, this is the liempo that I want to eat.





Sayonara! 
Thanks for reading!






If you want  to know more about Balamban Liempo, just click the link below:


19 comments:

  1. I was in Davao last Dec 28-January 2. Hindi kasi kami gumala sa gaisano.ill try this one once bumalik kami ng family ko to visit my in laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am into eating liempo. one of my favorite dishes of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! I agree! It's best served during lunch and dinner.. :)

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I am at a loss on what you're taking about "liempo". Is it a lechon? a different kind of lechon? or whatever? And how does other liempo differ from that of Balamban liempo. It is good you are satisfied of Balamban's. Keep on promoting Balamban.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. It's a lechon but it's different from a usual lechon. Balamban's liempo has spices into it while other liempo doesn't have one.

      Delete
  4. I first tasted Balamban's liempo when I was still residing in Cebu. I agree, it's not your ordinary liempo, it's best paired with puso (rice in coconut leaf).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! But I don't think I can't try the liempo with puso. I dunno, maybe it's better for me to pair it with ordinary rice.. hehe! :D

      Delete
  5. I had my share of Balamban Liempo around 2011 (or 2010). Definitely its worth every peso as you get really full after a meal. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't had the chance to finish them all coz they're so plenty! :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this. I haven't seen this kiosk here but I think there's one in Festival Mall. Will check and order this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You've got to buy one and share it with your friends. They'll love it too!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow hehe I have not tasted liempo in my life. I can only base the deliciousness on the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just give the liempo a try. A piece will do or even a single bite.. :D

      Delete
  8. Cebuanons really know how to cook pork! From lechon to liempo.. I wish Balamban liempo would expand here in Manila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they'll expand or Manila. What if, they've expanded already? Hehe! :D

      Delete
  9. omg nagutom ako sa liempo!!! Can you send me a plate of it? Hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can! If pwede, i-LBC ko ang liempo.. hehe! :D

      Delete
  10. Wow I miss eating Liempo. I used to have this way back home. I like dipping it in hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.